Thursday, May 28, 2015

It is official: Benitez confirmed he was leaving Naples

Rafael Benitez officially announced that he is going to split up with Napoli after two years at the helm of the Italian team. So he will be free to take on Real Madrid.
At a joint press conference with President Aurelio De Laurentiis of Napoli, Benitez reported to the media its decision.
The Spaniard was for two years, with an option for a third, but this option has to be activated, said De Laurentiis.
The last match of Benitez at the helm of Napoli will be on Sunday - Champions League derby against Lazio.
`I thank the President of the club and the fans because it`s time to get my way with Napoli, after two years here.`, declared Benitez. `On Sunday we have a very important game, and I want to finish my stay here with a victory. It`s always sad to go from a place where people are accepted from the outset, and Napoli was for me.`
`My family was at the root of my decision, Aurelio and Napoli did everything to keep me, and we were close to a new contract.`, he revealed. `I am convinced that did a lot of good things here. Now I`m only thinking about the match with Lazio, and really want to win it. Our team grew up a lot, played in three tournaments, and reached the semi-finals in Europe.`
`We`re the only team in Italy with two trophies in the last two years, in addition to Juventus. We were the 46th in the rankings of UEFA, and now we are 20th in many other big teams. Besides, we`re the only Italian team, who has not missed the European tournaments in the last six seasons. I am glad that we had here, now we have a strong, tough team.`, said De Laurentiis.

No comments:

Post a Comment